Decatur Industrial Electric services all types of gearboxes and gear reducers.
As a Falk Authorized Gear Parts Select Partner, we provide value to large gear reducer end-users by providing original Falk authentic OE parts and repair service support to better assure quality repairs.
Vendor Partners: Falk/Rexnord, SEW Eurodrive, Siemens Flender Distributor
Gearbox Maintenance Tips
Gearboxes have a tendency to be installed and left to run until oil is leaking excessively or until the unit starts to make weird noises.
Our Reliability Team has the ability to perform Reliability Asset Review of your critical gear units. The following are a few items that will be reviewed:
- Manufacturer’s print, laying out parts with part numbers
- Type of breather and changing intervals
- Oil analysis and type of oil use
- Greasing of seals and other greaseable bearings, if applicable
- Visual internal inspection of unit
- Vibration readings
- Motor loading and performance
- Coupling types and maintenance practices
- Alignment/soft-foot checks
- Storage procedures
Gearboxes with the appropriate care and maintenance can give your company many years of satisfactory performance.
Decatur Industrial Electric wants to partner with your company throughout your unit’s life through commissioning, maintenance PM, reliability PdM review and the repair/re-manufacturing process as needed. As a Falk Rexnord Select Partner, a SEW Eurodrive Distributor, and a Siemens Flender Distributor, our team has the expertise to support your facility’s needs.